Inspiration

“Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.” ~Henry Beecher

Friday, August 21, 2009

There are Angels Among Us

I’ve been on vacation in Southern Maine all week, visiting family that I haven’t seen in a few years. The other day, my Aunt Terry shared a story with me and my Mom about how she walked into a consignment shop called Heart’s Desire, in Saco, ME and asked the owner if she needed help. She explained that she didn’t want to get paid. She adores the shop and wanted to simply come in and help. At the time, the owner of the Heart’s Desire, Barbara, was facing challenges and was thinking of closing down. She saw my Aunt’s request as a sign that she should stay open. Please hear what they have to say below:


My Aunt helps out at the shop because she likes Barbara and her shop and because she enjoys the work. Barbara sees my Aunt as an angel with wings. I believe there are stories like these unfolding all around us on a daily basis - angels that are quietly blessing our lives with their acts of humanity. We just don’t hear enough about them. And I believe we should…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers