Inspiration

“Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.” ~Henry Beecher

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Artistic Expression

There are numerous art galleries and museums in New Haven and over the weekend I visited The Knights of Columbus Museum to see the work of Antonella Cappuccio (http://www.theseo.it/indexing.htm). She’s an incredibly talented painter who began as a costume designer, but in her 30s, found her inspiration for painting on a visit to Africa. She paints in Rome where she’s lived for most of her life. I also watched a video at the museum, showcasing her career and what struck me the most about her was her fearlessness with regard to different techniques in painting. She has clearly mastered so many, including painting on a number of different media, such as canvas, copper, and glass. On my walk to the museum, I also came across a few pieces of art and expressions of beauty. There are so many examples tucked away as well as in clear view, if one wants to see them. I share a few of them in the video below along with the work of some budding artistic talent now on display at the Creative Arts Workshop. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers