Inspiration

“Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.” ~Henry Beecher

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Music to the Ears

Great music is a gift. It can initiate so many different responses for so many people because it pulls at our emotions from deep within where we are all unique. If it carries a positive message, great music can be such things as soothing, inspiring, energizing, heart-warming or galvanizing and I will often turn to music as a source of positive strength.

A few nights ago, I watched and listened to Jeffrey Osborne give a live performance to an enormous crowd on the town green in New Haven, CT. I’ve never seen him live before, but remember his music so well from the 1980s. His performance was fabulous. He sang some of his songs from the 70s and 80s with the passion and energy of someone who was singing those songs for the first time and I thought about how that made his music all the more timeless. I’ve posted a video below of one of his most memorable songs and one that I have always adored, “On the Wings of Love.” I hope it evokes something positive for you…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers